Become RPE Compliant with Vigilant Safety Solutions
As an employer fit testing, monitoring and reporting on your use of RPE is a legal obligation under COSHH;
“To ensure that the selected RPE has the potential to provide adequate protection for individual wearers, the ACoPs supporting COSHH, CAR and CLAW stipulate that tight-fitting RPE must be fit tested as part of the selection process. This will help to ensure that inadequately fitting facepieces are not selected for use. Ill-fitting facepieces can create inward leakages of airborne contaminants.” Health & Safety Executive OC282/28
As a leading expert in RPE products and training to the NHS we see every day where the vast majority of frontline hospital staff are unaware of the legal obligations surrounding the wearing of RPE and HSE compliance. Fit testing, respirator mask selection and record keeping is a complex and bewildering area with so many changes to legislation. As the RPE experts we have developed Vigilant Safety Solutions to assist Trusts in meeting their legal and moral obligations when it comes to protecting staff, as well as reducing and mitigating risk.
Vigilant Safety Solutions is a new innovative software solution which consists of two elements; a Reporting Suite for presenting the data to senior stakeholders and a Field App for conducting and recording fit testing, ensuring your staff are confident, competent and compliant. The system is easy to implement as it is cloud based and requires no software to be installed.
The Reporting Suite is a dynamic portal giving you at-a-glance real time reporting:
- presenting a customised dashboard software suite
- centralising staff RPE records; providing in-depth performance statistics
- providing a single point of access for management
- generating real time performance reports for Trusts and their departments
- assuring, governance and accountability for the protection, safety and wellbeing of Trust staff
The Field App eliminates human error by ensuring users are delivering consistent and accurate training every time by;
- providing a standardised training platform that is aligned with industry guidelines
- providing step-by-step guides for the Fit Test process
- enabling the correct selection of RPE products for each wearer
- recording staff results and Fit Test history
- assisting with proving organisational compliance in line with HSE guidance
In short, Vigilant Safety Solutions will revolutionise the way RPE Fit Testing is conducted throughout the healthcare industry. For more information, videos and to book a demonstration please get in touch.